Friday, August 28, 2009

Happy endings.....

I just saw He's not that into you... and even thought I liked it I, have to say that the end made me think about relationships, about "real life" and about how movies have influenced our lifes. I'm not blaming Hollywood because almost all movies have HAPPY ENDINGS. I'm just saying that us, specially girls, seat in fromt of a screen with the ancient perspective that a knight will come and will rescue us from, I'm not so sure from what, but from something.
All the girls in the film had their very deserved HAPPY ENDING but in the movie they weren't telling the story about the real woman who is afraid to live by herself, about the one who, because of her children, will take more than is possible to stay with her husband. They also don't explain where caracters earn money from and how they strech it to make ends meet.
I know that that will be another movie, but wouldn't it be nice if they could combine both? I mean life has a little bit of everything.
Anyway, the thing that I liked the most about the movie, was when one of the girls made the decission to move on with her life because for her, a HAPPY ENDING had nothing to do with
a guy rescuing her,in fact a HAPPY ENDING for her was to be happy with herself . After all, she has to be with herself for the rest of her life.
So I wish all of you a very HAPPY , HAPPY ENDING.
Love,
Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment