Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bare Necesities you might need and you think you don't.

Yesterday I was on a clothing fitting for a comercial ( yeap I'm back on track) and the costume girl had so many things to work with that I felt I was in a Vedette dressing room.
When I was growing up, I had few to almost nothing to wear.
1 pair of pink shorts (when i gather more courage i will tell this story)
1 pair of blue tiki tiki ( plastic shoes with a very low heal)
1 pair of sky blue pants and
1 blouse ( also blue) that my aunt lent me and I never returned cause I would've been top less. OMG I most have looked like Pitufina.
Therefore when I got out of Cuba I became a shopaholic. I lived in Spain and Santo Domingo and I had no money to spend at that time, but when moved to Mexico and started to work, the story was quite diferent.
I still remeber my first trip to N.Y. I brought with me $ 3000 to spend only in clothes so i decided that a list will help me to focus on what I really "needed".

I came back from that trip with a trunk full of things that I thought I needed, to find out months later that i ended up shopping for everyone else but me. I had in my closet a lot of new pants that with my wide, 5'2 frame I most looked like a T.V. A lot of long sleeve shirts and a lot of shoes that matched with the pants, shirts and bags but where extremely unconfortable. So I still was where i had begun, WITH NOTHING TO WEAR.

Nine years later I'm not longer a shopaholic. I've learned to make the most of my money but I still (sometimes) shop for Claudia Shiffer and I have to give some of my new items to my friends. I still have clothes in my closet with tags and I still don't have What I Need. So, clothes aside ( i'll make this list later) these are some very importatnt things you might need in your closet and you think you don't.
  • A clasic/basic black tank
  • A clasic/basic nude tank ( to wear under a see tru blouse)never, ever show your bra
  • A pair of spanx (black and nude)
  • 2 or 3 tops not straps to go under any blouse that run a lit bit large on you
  • A pair of DKNY patyhose ( black, opaque)
  • A box of Hollywood Fashion Tape
  • A rose petal ( "bra") from VS
  • A few silk socks to wear with boots and
  • A few of of those socks to wear with ankle boots ( so in now)
I think thats it for now, I will be updating my list when I need something and I don't have it in my closet. Hopefully sooner than later ; )






No comments:

Post a Comment