Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lost Stork

I was born in Cuba. At the age of 18 moved to Santo Domingo, then to Spain and then to Mexico where I lived for ten years. Now I'm a resident of the United States of America, actually I'm a resident of Miami and this  is what brings me to this blog today.
Since I  was eight years old I'm dreaming about this country. I don't know if because was forbidden or just because. In Cuba even listen to music in English was something so "no, no" that I only heard a couple of old songs in English, the rest was Salsa and more Salsa. So  my approach to this culture was as far as the sun  from earth. Anyways my dream from childhood was not being a nurse or being an actress. My dreams were, first being a flight attendant( because they travel and not because I like to please people  ) and the other one was to hold a fluent conversation on the phone in English ( still is one of my dreams)though I'm close now. That's why when I was in high school I was selected Monitora de English from seventh grade till I left school.
So basically my whole life I've been dreaming about living in the USA although I never had a clear idea of what this means, still I haven't, but I like the wide streets of Miami, the i95, the 112, even Brickell Ave at rush hour and the si mami no problem, at the supermarket when you are trying to have something done for your meal. I think I'm infatuated with this city. The sense of freedom I experience here it's out of this world.
At the age of xx I love country music,mac&cheese, I love speak English and I even love rap music. What brings me to think that the stork that trough me out in Havana made a tiny mistake ( 90 miles) or the wind piked up and put her in the state 52 of Estados Unidos just because I feel that I belong more to Miami than any other place in the world.Not that i'm planning to live here the rest of my life but for now is what I want and need.
Havana it's a gorgeous city but is not for me any more.

2 comments:

  1. Ay pues ya yo me estaba preguntando por ti! Que chévere que tienes un blog así podré saber más de ti. Ya vives en Miami? Y estás casada? hermana, cuéntameeeeee! Tienes celular para llamarte??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mija siiiii, llamame o mandame un mail con tus datos. Manana voy a Miami.

    ReplyDelete