Friday, April 9, 2010

Biking and Life

I think bike and life have at least one similitude. When you fall out the bike you won't feel anything until the next day, unless of course you crash . Same thing happens with life, when you are up and then down. At first you are going to be in shock, in denial, but after a night of bad sleeping you will star to feel how things will start to hit you. Like hammer to nails.

Yeap I fell out of my Bike yesterday. Nothing serious, but still a fall. I normally ride with my team, but yesterday was one of those days when you have to train twice a day and you do one part alone. So I took my bike and went to where else, Key Biscayne. Everything was going smoothly, the sky was blue, the breeze very nice ( a lit bit of wind though) when a cyclist legend from the Key came close and started telling me how bad positioned I was on the bike. I knew it, that's why I bought a new par of shoes two weeks before and made an appointment for a professional bike fitting. We rode for a little bit more and when we got to Virginia Key he said "you know what, get off the bike, I need to fix your position". So I got off the bike like a professional student and let this professional of the bike do his work. When he was done and I tried the new position OMG I flew on the bike. So feeling invincible and happy because I'm going to be more efficient on the bike I started my way back home. When I got to Brickell ( my new place now) and saw the traffic I decided to take what seamed to be a wheel chair ramp . But not even close. It was a low side walk. Since I couldn't make a jump I fell :(
Nothing bad happen and I was even able to go to swim at night with the team, but today is a different a story.

Today I almost had to skip the morning shower because when the hot water touched my wounds, I almost scream. And that's when I started to compare real life and biking. When you get dumped or someone close to you dies, you don't get the whole picture until the next day. When you need to get back to your daily routing knowing you will not going to receive that call or that text from the person you like/love etc. The good thing is that there's always light at the end of the tunnel and every wound heels. Some take more time than you would like to but is OK, everything will be OK.

Like always,

with Love,

Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment