Thursday, April 29, 2010

Facts

Just when I thought the world couldn't get any better. It did!!! I went to the supermarket today and I discovered the new (for me) Coca Cola 75oz. I almost never drink Coca, but when I've craved one I never drink the whole can/bottle. I think this is a good move. Practically none of my friends drink Coca anymore.Not because it's bad, like someone insists in pointing out with that e mail that has been around for years, explaining how bad coca can be.They have stopped just because we are more aware of the effects of sugar for instance. I don't think the soda business is at risk at all, but what I do think is that almost everybody, even the big companies, need to take actions in order to survive. For many years companies, news papers, governments could keep secrets from all of us, but now with the internet widespread all over the world it is almost impossible to keep "facts" out of sight. So yea, a very good movement indeed.

Speaking of keeping secrets. In my last trip to Cuba everybody was talking about the fight between Industriales (the champions) and Santi Spiritus. These two are baseball teams. Five years ago you couldn't imagine talk trash about almost anything there. Now you see almost every Cuban carrying a cell phone with cameras, recording everything, like in every other place in planet earth.And one hour later you can also see what they recorded on the internet. So yes, check that fight and you will see what I'm talking about.
Another right move? My friend Lisette's Alea new album. I can't wait to listen to it.

With love,

Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment