Monday, May 3, 2010

What's In, What's Out

I went to Saks today and to my surprise I saw the department I always visit first, full of little red squared cupboard on the top of every rack. I wasn't going to shop anything, actually I was going to pick something that I bought over the phone, but those little red squared cupboard always, always make me go piece by piece even when I'm short of time. So after a good hour going through every rack and finding everything fabulous and expensive I ask to my personal shopper (not that I need one, but she helps me to put things "in the back" and calls me when something new comes) What was going on and Why everything was so expensive?

With a wider than Hudson River smile, she answer.

"Oh that's not on sale, that's pre sale" Notice here that as soon as she was informing me this, her exictement grew as high as any good chef hat.

"Oh" I replyed with a 3 feet deep pool excitement. And what's so cool about the pre sale? I asked

And with a wink created by God for every creature from Venus she explained.

"Nothing really. Apparently the good thing about this is that you can brag in front of your friends that you already have that Tory Burch cardigan for Autumn"

Wow that's....(speechless here)...How none had have thought about that before, I joked. And who keep the things until fall? I asked again.

We do. You pay now and we order them and in six to eight weeks we'll send them directly to your house!!!

Hum, In six to eight weeks I will have forgotten what I bought.

That's the thing, you might end it up buying more because you forget.

The thing here is that as much as I forced myself to convince me that that sistem wouldn't work , a client next to me proved me otherwise.
She was paying for, no one but two pairs of Michael Kors and something else.

I took my bag and I rushed back home to drink a cup pf Joe until I digest that living in the past is out and knowing exactly what you are going to wear next fall is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment