Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day!!!

Although my mother still leaves in Cuba and I had none to buy a present for, I decided to go shopping on Saturday to taste the waters. To my surprise or maybe because I chose and outlet mall to do so, the place wasn't crowded as in Christmas time.
I saw a few people buying gifts with the hope that the receiver (mom/mother in law/new mother best friend)will like it. Taking time to think if the gift was going to be perfect for the occasion or not. On the other hand I saw a lot of people (no mostly man like you would think) buying just because "they had too". One time I heard
- Yea, that, Who cares? And minutes later
-It doesn't matter if it fits her or not.Just pay for it and lets get out of here. Have her change it later.

When I saw that, I immediately turned to my best friend and said.

-Listen, when I become a mother don't give me any presents.
-Why?- she asked
-Apparently its very stressful lately buy a present for someone.

I didn't say that loud enough so the other could hear me, but I wish I had.

How can anyone be so emotionally cheap with the one who gave you life,countless sleepless nights (for her) just to check how are you feeling and probably countless happiness too.In my opinion, only those who has been abused by their mothers have the right to feel that way. Although I strongly believe that indifference is better in any case.

Love your mom folks. Is the only one you have. Many don't have her close and for others their mom is already gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment