Sunday, January 17, 2010

It was raining over SOBE.... Happiness

I'm training for the Miami ING Half Marathon and today I had to run for two hours so I decided going to south beach aka SOBE to change the usual route. It was not my first time running there but it was my first time realizing how diversified that path is.
I saw a lot of Jewish people, I mean the real ones, with long skirts and tennis shoes and something that I don't know how to call on their heads. They were walking in groups of three or four, chatting, smiling, all women though. I wonder now, were where their men? Hum, the temple maybe?
I saw a lot of black people. I don't like to call them African-American cause that's not a color.
My favorite was a woman, so secure about herself, that she was wearing a top that accentuated so well her boobs, that I couldn't miss the fact that one, was pointing to the east and the other one to the west.
I saw a lot a bums, balds, skate rollers and volleyball players. I also saw a lot of couples ( gays included), holding hands, running (like me). A few families, lots of children. A bunch of dogs, and even dogs that looked the way they all looked: Happy.
Happy just for being there; we all went there for different reasons, with different problems, backgrounds,religions.But we all looked the same. At least that's was my impression. So next time you feel happy, go there so you can share your happiness. Sad? go there too and you will certainly get some happiness from others.
So I decided, that from now on, the path that I ran today, will be the place I will want to go when sad or happy.
Love Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment